1) Registering with Singapore Tutors Network is free.
2) To register as a tutor, you must be at least 18 years of age. Below the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian's consent is required. You must be either a Singapore Citizen, a Singapore Permanent Resident, or a Foreigner and must be residing in Singapore. You need to have a minimum academic qualification of an O'Levels and above.
3) Singapore Tutors Network reserves all rights to reject or refuse any registrations.
4) Your contact information is only viewable by yourself and Singapore Tutors Network, and not made public to other users of this website. It will only be revealed to the parent/student who is successfully matched to you.
5) The information you supply should be as accurate as possible, and that you should not be providing untrue or inaccurate information which may mislead clients and Singapore Tutors Network coordinators.
6) Any grades or other qualification information submitted must be as accurate and non-misleading as possible.
7) Singapore Tutors Network may request from you the original copies of your documentations and certifications for verification purposes.
8) Singapore Tutors Network reserves the right to refuse verification of any tutors, and the right to unverify any previously verified tutors, dependent upon the judgement of Singapore Tutors Network coordinators.
9) Registering with Singapore Tutors Network does not guarantee tuition assignment jobs to you, as jobs are assigned based on tuition demand and how well tutors match up with the customer’s requirements.
10) Tutors are required to provide their own teaching materials and relevant papers to carry out the lessons.
11) Lessons are conducted at the student/ client's home by default.
12) Once you accepted a tutoring assignment, the rate is non-negotiable once agreed upon, be it verbally or written.
13) You are required to bring along your all necessary certifications, documentations and NRIC card on your first lesson with the customer to certify your academic qualifications, credentials and NRIC to the student/s.
14) Singapore Tutors Network will be taking 50% of the first month’s, or first 4 weeks’ tuition fee as commission from the client. The commission is due when half the amount of the lessons agreed for the first month or first 4 week is delivered.
15) Tutors are not allowed to collect commission on behalf of Singapore Tutors Network directly from the customer (unless otherwise specified).
16) For privacy purposes, Singapore Tutors Network do not reveal client/ student's contacts to tutors prior to the 1st lesson. Tutors can obtain the contact number after the 1st lesson.
17) Once matched to our clients, you are representing Singapore Tutors Network. You are to act appropriately at all times, and refrain from poor teaching etiquette including using of lesson time for personal activities, failure to observe punctuality, dishonesty and all other behaviour deemed inappropriate by Singapore Tutors Network and our clients. Such tutors will be blacklisted and removed from our database.
18) If you are unable to make it to the first lesson of a tuition job assigned to you by Singapore Tutors Network for any reason, you required to call up Singapore Tutors Network at least 3 days or 72 hours before the actual lesson. Failure to comply will result in a S$50.00 penalty fee.
19) There will be an administration fee of $50 or 25% of the tuition fees (whichever is higher) if the tutor:
- knowingly accepted the assignment but decided to reject it without 72 hours prior notice or
- failed to turn up for the first lesson without medical certificates / reasons deemed valid by the agency.
- decide to changed the timing without 72 hours prior notice.
- changed the agreed timing for the second time. Personal commitments or reasons will not be accepted.
20) The minimum contractual and commitment period is 1 month. Tutors will be liable for the 50% of the tuition fees if they failed to complete the minimum 1 month tuition period (unless otherwise specified).
21) In the event that a tutoring assignment is cancelled by the client before the tutor completes the agreed number of lessons for the first month or first 4 weeks, Singapore Tutors Network will be taking 50% of the tuition fees for the total number of lessons delivered in the month.
22) If termination of the assignment was initiated by you, before 50% completion of the lessons without a valid reason, you will have to inform and pay the full commission to Singapore Tutors Network. If termination of the assignment was initiated by you, before 50% completion of the lessons with a valid reason, you will not receive any payment as all payment prior and up to 50% of the lessons are due to Singapore Tutors Network as commission. Once past the 50% mark, you will be paid whatever amount after the 50% commission deduction.
23) The client/customer reserves the right to cancel or withdraw his/her tuition requests or assignment at any time.
24) Singapore Tutors Network will not be liable for any payment charges or issues arising from the cancellation of tuition assignments by the customers.
25) You are to inform Singapore Tutors Network 1 week in advance before you decide to
stop teaching the student so that there will be enough time for Singapore Tutors Network to find a replacement for the new tutor to take over.
26) Singapore Tutors Network will not be responsible for any injury, damages, disputes, conflicts, claims or loss of any kind that may arise between tutor and parent/student.
27) Legal action will be taken against tutors who breached the terms and conditions abovementioned. Any legal costs will be borne by the Tutor.
For Clients/ Students
28) The tutoring rates stated on this website only serves as a guide and the final rate is subjected to negotiation between you, Singapore Tutors Network and the tutor.
29) The rate is non-negotiable once agreed upon, be it verbally or written.
If you terminate the service after the first lesson, you are liable to pay for the amount of lessons provided.
30) The assigned tutor will teach at the residence of the customer by default unless otherwise indicated by you and you are to provide a reasonable environment for the conduct of lessons.
31) There is no trial lesson. Tutors will have to be paid for the number of lessons rendered prior to termination by the client.
32) Singapore Tutors Network will be charging half of the first month’s tuition fee as commission for services rendered. The bill will be emailed to you two weeks after the tuition commences.
33) Payment should be made by you to Singapore Tutors Network directly. Tutors should not collect the payment on Singapore Tutors Network behalf.
34) The assignment information you provide should be as accurate as possible, and that you should avoid providing untrue or inaccurate information which may mislead tutors and Singapore Tutors Network coordinators.
35) Singapore Tutors Network aims to be as accurate as possible in the description of the tutors. We do not guarantee the data to be complete, accurate, reliable, current and error-free.
36) Singapore Tutors Network will try our best to ensure the qualifications and other credentials of the employed tutor are correct. You may request to see the tutor’s academic certificates at any point in time. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the tutor's credentials and qualifications are satisfactory.
37) Singapore Tutors Network does not guarantee improvement of the student’s grade.
38) Singapore Tutors Network will not act as mediator for any disagreements or conflicts that arise between the tutor and you. Singapore Tutors Network will try our best to resolve the conflict, but we cannot make any guarantees.
39) Singapore Tutors Network holds the copyright to all the content and graphics on the website, any re-use of the materials without prior permission from Singapore Tutors Network is prohibited.
40) Singapore Tutors Network will not act as mediator for any disagreements or conflicts that arise between the tutor and you. Singapore Tutors Network will try our best to resolve the conflict, but we cannot make any guarantees. However, we are always prepared to offer our views and suggestions. In addition, Singapore Tutors Network will not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages arising in connection with the use of the website.
41) Singapore Tutors Network reserves the rights to change the terms and conditions without prior notice.
All the terms and conditions listed on this page form a binding contract. In the case where students refuse to pay the fee to the tutor or the agency without any valid reason, Singapore Tutors Network has the right to take legal action against the student in a court of law.
It is the policy of Singapore Tutors Network to comply with all Singapore laws of non-discrimination and the relevant government policies. Our non-discrimination policy applies to tutor request, tutor registration, employment, access to and execution of Singapore Tutors Network activities and programs. Singapore Tutors Network will resolve complaints of discrimination prohibited by the agency within existing agency procedures.